Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. Get a free quote today!
Protect Your Home
Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against disasters. A standard policy insures the home itself and the things you keep in it. Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets. Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damage caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance. You must buy two separate policies for flood and earthquake coverage. Maintenance-related problems are the homeowners’ responsibility.
Common Coverages for the Homeowner
Your average homeowner’s insurance policy is made up of a few different kinds of coverages that are designed to protect your finances when disaster strikes. The following are the most common coverages for the homeowner:
- Dwelling coverage
- Other structures coverage
- Personal property coverage
- Personal liability coverage
- Additional living expense coverage
- Umbrella coverages
- Help you save money on your insurance.
- Work with you to choose the best coverage for your situation.
- Help you file an insurance claim.
- Give you confidence that you’re covered if the unexpected happens.